Expecting Excellence from Everyone, Everyday!
Oak Crest Elementary
1101 W Commerce Drive
Belle Plaine, MN 56011
Welcome to Oak Crest Elementary!|
Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year!
Our beautiful school was built in 2007 to serve the Belle Plaine students in Grades 3-6. We will have approximately 480 wonderful students this year!
We are a community and organization of Professional Learning communities. A professional learning community focuses on three big themes:
1. Learning as the fundamental purpose of our school
2. Cultivation of a collaborative culture through the development of high performing teams
3. We are results oriented and assess our effectiveness on the basis of those results.
For the last year, we have been working towards a Professional Learning community at Oak Crest. We will continue this journey this school year! That means we will move:
• From 'fixed' time to 'flexible' time
• From 'average' learning to 'individual' learning
• From 'group' support to 'individual' support
• From 'blame and punishment' to 'encouragement and caring'
• From 'teacher tell/student listen' to 'teacher coaching/student practice'
• From 'good' to 'great'
• From 'recognizing and celebrating a few' to creating 'lots of winners and celebrating their successes'
If you have managed to read all that, you may be asking the question, "What does that have to do with me and my student?" It refocuses how we communicate with you, how we use data to look at student needs, how we work together as a system to do what is in the best interest of each and every student. It impacts our families, our students, our teachers, and the learning that takes places each and every day at Oak Crest and all the Belle Plaine Schools.
The Oak Crest Staff and I are looking forward to a great 2013-2014 school year with you and your child/children! We would like to extend an open invitation for you to participate in your child's education. Please keep in touch with your child's teacher, provide praise and support for your child, participate in parent/teacher conferences, participate in our Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO), call when you have questions, and join us for special activities and events. There is no substitute for a combined home-school partnership in providing your child with the best educational experience possible!
Stop by the school at any time throughout the school year to visit the classroom, volunteer in the school, have lunch with your child, etc. We welcome you into our learning organization!
Like us on Facebook and follow our announcements and status updates!